January 07, 2007

Weekends were made for fun. Right?


Okay, warning, this one has a lot of whining. So I fucked myself over this weekend by goofing off too much this week. (Have I mentioned my unmentionable addiction to Craigslist?) Thus, it left me with work to do somehow over the weekend. Not easy if one has an almost three year old trying to give up his nap. I tried to line up babysitting or a visit from babydaddy to no avail.

My alternative strategy was to wear MyKid out so he would for sure nap. Yesterday I took him to see Happy Feet (minireview - Cute in a way. A little heavy handed yet overly simplistic on the environmental message. Outstanding animation. Some scary moment for really little kids and why the fuck did the main penguin not look like the other ones. was he a different species of penguin or was he not maturing quickly enough or was his different look just to show how he was a quirky different kind of bird?) at the IMAX at Citywalk.

Unfortunately this plan was definitely Plan B because Auntie T. my sister and usual kidoutingcompanion did not get it together early enough to go to Venice Beach and return in time for an afternoon nap so mama can work. Anyway, both of us were tense and we ended up in a screaming match about where to park which resulted in me demanding to be let out of the car (I did not really think she would do it!) I did take MyKid to the movie but then we had a long bus ride involving several transfers and a 2 mile walk in the dark with no jackets to get home. Oh yeah, we came home and I realized that Auntie T. had the key so we had to sit on the porch until she finally responded to one of my hundreds of messages and came over to unlock the door (giving me the silent treatment the whole time.) Needless to say, no work got done yesterday.

Today, I managed to get us out of the house for a visit with Auntie Lee. We walked to a nearby taqueria and had lunch. MyKid is beat and fell asleep in the car on the way back. So here I sit procrastinating. MyKid is napping and will be for another 2 hours if I am lucky. Instead of working I am updating this neglected blog.

When I get around to making some new year's resolutions I am for sure going to have to tackle that procrastination thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh. my.
a fighting match , that resulted in you exiting the car? With a girl? Your sister?
priceless.
I am trying to muffle a chuckle.
Anytime, I have pulled that manuever, it involved too much tequila and me not quite remembering what we were fighting about.

sorry, mama. I hardly ever get my shit out the door.